The City Council adopts a strategic plan every five years. This important plan serves as a road map for the City; it influences all decisions, sets direction, aligns the City team, maintains focus on priorities and enhances accountability. The City continues to focus and make progress on these priority goal areas. Read the Plan.
City Council Guiding Principles
The Des Plaines City Council subscribes to these shared values regarding our conduct and the quality of our interactions:
- Focus, first and foremost, on the interests of the City as a whole.
- Be respectful of others and their perspectives under all circumstances and at all times.
- Listen to each member with interest and open mindedness.
- Act with dignity in the performance of our duties.
- Prepare oneself, each other, and staff to enrich policy deliberations.
- Invest in the success of the Council and its shared goals.
- Maintain optimism and trust in ourselves and our process.